P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 610, 611, 612 ... 714, 715, 716  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Barbarians(1987)-Classic Cannon Films craziness with the Barbarians Brothers (Peter & David Paul) , Michael Berryman and sword & sorcery shenanigans. So good. I'm high as fuck right now.

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since it's spring, I watched Spring. Funny word.... spring. Only said it twice and already it lost all meaning, even though spring has at least three meanings.

Life gives this guy, played by some guy, some hard knuckle punches and he decides to look for a new life elsewhere. Italy, in this case. There he meets a girl, played by the intoxicatingly good looking Nadia Hilker, and from there on Spring is pretty much a relationship drama. The girl alternates between this unattainable femme fatale, hard to get type and a warm hearted next door chick, while the guy keep pursuing her. She says that she doesn't want anything too serious, but over a few days the guy already knows he does. Their relationship deepens regardless of the cat and mouse situation the mysterious girl keeps up all the time. Women, I will never play this game of yours. Decide what you want. It's not this difficult unless you're a stupid third grader. This chick is a tease and she knows it. Fortunately for womanhood in this story the lady kind of has a reason for being a huge dick.

So the girl isn't at all what she seems to be. This becomes a problem. But love conquers all, so even if the problem is waaaay bigger than conflicting personalities or interests, the guy still insists for his newfound destiny to remain by his side. She makes her rather unusual situation clear to him, and he of course still thinks the incompatible relationship is worth it, because this time it has to be different....this time there's a movie to make sure that love indeed wins. She has experienced all of this many times before with similar results every time, but no, this time it's different.

Low production values but half entertaining nonetheless. Not as good as I hoped, perhaps because I was expecting proper lovecraftian horror visuals or something, but only got a few tentacles instead. This time the mystery is also explained pretty thoroughly so that the protagonist's unusual conundrum is quite easily translated to the viewer. It wants to be a horror movie sometimes, but being far too mild for that, it's more like a romance with a sci-fi twist.

I'll give it 6 loveboats out of 10. But Nadia Hilker sure is a looker here. 6 loveboats.
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice League of 'Murica and The Shape of Water. Watching these back to back just drives home the fact that CGI sucks complete dick vs the exceptional practical effects used in The Shape of Water. JLA looks like a ps3 game and nothing that happens onscreen carries any weight. It's like all those bullshit extended action sequences in The Hobbit, like the river barrel chase scene where one implausible thing after another occurs and it just goes on and on. But yeah, Shape of Water was good.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghoulies 1 & 2 back to back. Good old Empire craziness and a W.A.S.P. song here & there and these are great nostalgic pieces of joy.

hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
Ghoulies 1 & 2 back to back. Good old Empire craziness and a W.A.S.P. song here & there and these are great nostalgic pieces of joy.

Since you cherish 80's relics, check out Blastfighter. If Rambo had never been made, Blastfighter would have taken it's place.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Death of Stalin - comedy? it was more absurd, disturbing, and seemingly "real" at least it had me questioning how much of this might have actually happened? moral of the film: truth is indeed stranger than fiction... 9/10

Stosstrupp 1917 - a little like All Quiet, showcasing more grenade and bunker tactics of the trenches than anything else, form what I gather this movie was financed by the NSDAP and featured actual Wehrmacht and SA troops in its cast... 8/10

Love Simon - <3/10
GermanicIron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Annihilation last night at a theater; I actually enjoyed it a lot. Interesting visuals, CG that looked good but didn't hit you over the head, and a pleasantly surprising amount of decent gore. See it in on the big screen if you plan on watching it. 7/10.

https://germaniciron.bandcamp.com
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday the 13th (2009). Surprisingly good. Retains much of the campy atmosphere despite being a millenial movie. Jason is more like the Jason of the earlier movies, i.e. he can run instead of teleporting. Music felt out of place, but then again it's hard to compete with Harry Manfredini. Overall it was definitely worth a watch.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
Friday the 13th (2009). Surprisingly good. Retains much of the campy atmosphere despite being a millenial movie. Jason is more like the Jason of the earlier movies, i.e. he can run instead of teleporting. Music felt out of place, but then again it's hard to compete with Harry Manfredini. Overall it was definitely worth a watch.

Agreed.

LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GermanicIron wrote:
Saw Annihilation last night at a theater; I actually enjoyed it a lot. Interesting visuals, CG that looked good but didn't hit you over the head, and a pleasantly surprising amount of decent gore. See it in on the big screen if you plan on watching it. 7/10.

Saw this yesterday on my TV set and I enjoyed quite a lot too. Nothing extraordinary, but the landscapes and soundtrack really caught me by surprise.
Klown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Runner 2049
Excellent cinematography, loved the visuals and the photography. Why Ryan Gosling though? Mad 8+/10

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
Watchable, just OK 6/10

Hellraiser: Judgment
I can't even remember which part of the series was the last I had enjoyed, pfff... This one has some sick shit going on for the first 10-15 minutes, some nice pair of boobs but later on is pure crap 2/10

Raw
Overrated 5/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Tough. Yes, Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell deserved their Awards 100% but it's all about the timing. Too misandric, too SJW/Cultural Marxist/PC/whatever for my tastes, plus the script has a bunch of plot holes. So, 6/10 for 2017 and 8/10 if it had been released 5-6 years ago.

Get Out
Same as above, "poor oppressed black people, all white are trash". 6/10 for 2017 7/10 if it had been released 5-6 years ago.

Darkest Hour
Gary Oldman is THE MAN, finally a fuckin Academy Award! 7/10

American Gods - Season 1
Nice visuals and concept but too slow and with bad casting. Only McShane saves the day. The last episode was fucked up by the director. I wont be watching Season 2. 6-/10

Mother!
Pretentious as hell, wake up Darren! 5/10

The Death of Stalin
Weird case of "Black Comedy", you won't be laughing when you realise that besides some dramatization most of the incidents were true. 6.5/10

Jumanji 2
I'll stick to the first one, avoid 4/10

Justice League
HAHAHA DC keeps on delivering. Even worse than BvS, unbelievable 3/10

Alpha Gateway
Had potential, disappointing overall 5/10

Veronica (2017)
Not bad. Definitely watchable, has its moments 6/10

The Dictator (2012)
I watch this film 2-3 times a year, ubercult 9/10
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mute : directed by Duncan Jones, starred Alexander skaarsgard, Paul Rudd and Justin Theroux. Mute guy goes on the hunt for his missing girlfriend, set in the future in Berlin. Not bad. 7/10.
danofort

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up the re-release of "Threads" that Severin put out on DVD. It really messed with my head back in 1984 when I first saw it.
lifeless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just finished Jessica Jones season 2; it was ok, nothing great
evilfrost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recommend me some movies that can be found on youtube not in english but subbed that have as main topic vampires, werewolves and supernatural/witchery elements; eastern old movies would be very apreciated, in general movies that are linked to cultes des ghoules haxan and spectres imagery/atmosphere.Tnx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 610, 611, 612 ... 714, 715, 716  Next
Page 611 of 716

Jump to: