P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 598, 599, 600 ... 713, 714, 715  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Poltergeist 3...! Robocop's partner, semi-known male actor who is a little too affectionate, young Lara Flynn Boyle and ghost magnet girl get in trouble with reverend Kane again, this time in an apartment building. Try to suck that thing into a spectral vortex, spooks. The abnormally shaped and voiced jewish psychic lady is here again, you've seen her around back in the day I'm sure, and delivers some of the most metal lines in the movie. There's a psychiatrist who's side I would otherwise take, but no matter what occurrences far above the normal is thrown his way, he just refuses to pay any attention to what he is witnessing and dismisses even his own supernatural experiences as mass hypnosis, something he thinks ghost magned girl Carol Anne is capable of. He's a skeptic like no other.

Speaking of the Carol Anne character... what the fuck! This movie calls out her name so many times I don't think I've ever seen anything even remotely close to this. Once it starts, it never ends! All the time, in every second line, someone says Carol Anne. She obviously goes missing, so as everyone is trying to get her back, the movie starts to sound like:

CAROL ANNE!
CARROL ANN!
CARRLANN!
CR-LAAN!
CARRLOAND!
CRLAN!
CRLNN!
KLAN!

It's QUITE unbelievable. She and Lara Flynn Boyle are taken into Kane's world, some things happen. Mirrors are a common theme and are used to good effect sometimes, but this kind of movie doesn't really benefit from that much. There was also a scene where both Carol Anne and Lara Flynn Boyle were supposed to be somewhere in the grips of the netherworld, missing, swallowed by a... puddle in the garage... but then all of sudden as the concerned father is reporting this (why didn't you report more stuff idiots?) I swear LFB is just sitting there in front of the camera, as if yeah, I'm having a break while you do this scene. The fuck? How...? CARHOL ANNE!

I knew what I was going to see. I suppose. I'll give it 2 minutes 21 seconds of Carol Annes out of 80 minutes. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09g3W8dSQ4

Tom Skerrit is boss as fuck.

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
Hidden38

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Poltergeist 3...!

Speaking of the Carol Anne character... what the fuck!

That poor little girl died in real life at age 12 (shortly after 3rd film), to me it makes the trilogy a bit more haunting. Just like when I watch House of Cards now, we know Spacey is a real life creep so that makes his on camera performance in HOC more powerful and menacing.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden38 wrote:

That poor little girl died in real life at age 12 (shortly after 3rd film), to me it makes the trilogy a bit more haunting. Just like when I watch House of Cards now, we know Spacey is a real life creep so that makes his on camera performance in HOC more powerful and menacing.

There was a foreshadowing line in Poltergeist 2 where she said something like "I don't want to grow up". The first movie was the best one but it's always nice to see more of 80s horror, even bad horror, with actual craftsmanship.
(((OdiumNostrum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw two recent indie horrors

Skyggenes dal - I gave this one a go mostly because Zbigniew Preisner and Lisa Gerrard made the soundtrack for it (huge fan of both). Its actually more of an eerie drama with great cinematography and that Nordic bleak atmosphere. Slow burner which will probably polarize the crowd but I would give it a go if you are into that kind of stuff.

Les affamés - Canadian zombie flick, less formulaic than most of the movies in the genre, enjoyable on most parts but the last third turned into a shitstorm where I was rolling my eyes constantly, so that kinda ruined the whole experience. Would still recommend it, especially for the sub-genre buffs.

Marrowbone is next on the repertoire, not super into it regardless the promising young cast (Anya Taylor-Joy, Mia Goth).
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got stoned & watched Cool World

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come And See - 10/10
Wooden Crosses (Les croix de bois) - 8/10
Annihilation - tries to be some combination of Arrival, The Thing, and Stalker but never comes close to either 6/10
Numerator41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooden Crosses rules. Those battle scenes are still intense.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerator41 wrote:

I've been obsessed with war movies lately, especially the most realistic and grim, do you know of any other WW1 movies like this and All Quiet on the Western Front?
Ough

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graceless Recordings wrote:

Wanderlust - I am a total fag for Paul Rudd movies sometimes. This movie cracks me up every time. Lots of great actors and one liners.
"This is my husband...he's an African American... I love him just as much as if we were the same color."

There's no denying the guy is fucking hilarious. That mirror scene had me howling the first time I saw it
Numerator41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:

I've been obsessed with war movies lately, especially the most realistic and grim, do you know of any other WW1 movies like this and All Quiet on the Western Front?

Unfortunately not but I'd love to hear if anyone else here knows of some.

Unrelated to that request, but the director of Wooden Crosses also did a five-hour version of Les Miserables that is very impressive and has similarly wild combat scenes near the end.
skulv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:

I haven’t seen either of those films BUT if you liked Come And See then I recommend The Ascent. WW2 film directed by the Come And See director’s wife!
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white ribbon.

Paths of glory

Both pretty grim

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderlust - I am a total fag for Paul Rudd movies sometimes. This movie cracks me up every time. Lots of great actors and one liners.
"This is my husband...he's an African American... I love him just as much as if we were the same color."

Wanderlust is absolutely hilarious. I think Paul Rudd is a funny dude, he just plays the part he is given in the best way he can, which is to be Paul Rudd. I laugh my ass when I watch him in I Love You Man and 40yr old Virgin.
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:

There's no denying the guy is fucking hilarious. That mirror scene had me howling the first time I saw it

Fucking classic. Then the variations/outtakes during the credits HAHAHAHAHA
Weinreinbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:

Paths of Glory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 598, 599, 600 ... 713, 714, 715  Next
Page 599 of 715

Jump to: