P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Pantera
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick your savior of heavy metal
Metal Magic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Projects in the Jungle
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I am the Night
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Power Metal
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Cowboys from Hell
15%
 15%  [ 24 ]
Vulgar Display of Power
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Far Beyond Driven
18%
 18%  [ 29 ]
The Great Southern Trendkill
23%
 23%  [ 36 ]
Reinventing the Steel
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 155

Unaerth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it amusing that people will tear the face of off someone for saying that they prefer the MUSIC of Burzum over Bathory, stylistically; but folks can discuss how Pantera is a "good" band. Just my opinion, of course, which means absolutely nothing to anyone else but myself; but Pantera always has been and always will be shit for the idiotic masses. To each their own ...
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unaerth wrote:
I find it amusing that people will tear the face of off someone for saying that they prefer the MUSIC of Burzum over Bathory, stylistically; but folks can discuss how Pantera is a "good" band. Just my opinion, of course, which means absolutely nothing to anyone else but myself; but Pantera always has been and always will be shit for the idiotic masses. To each their own ...

Yep... lots of annoyingly over monster drinked up macho trouble makers were drawn to Pantera... made many shy but inwardly very scary and wolf like black metal guys meeker and more awkward in appearance with their inability to be taken seriously as powerful magicians of occult powers.

Why wasn't the black magic making these bruisers back off? It makes no sense. ...I guess in real life physical encounters moves are not based on dice rolls. Laughing ...stupid idiotic masses at these Pantera shows. Yeesh. Get some dice guys!
Sinistrogyre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fork Tongue wrote:
Say what you want about Anselmo but his love for real underground metal has always been there and he continues to share underground bands with people. They switched it up through his influence not because of a trend.

Currently listening to Anselmo & The Illegals' Choosing Mental Illness As A Virtue. Utterly American black/death. Vicious, vulgar, more clever that it might sound at first. It's obvious it's Phil's influence which helped Pantera walk away from their cheesy metal influences and play something darker.

"Boning a fish is a seldom seen activity." (Feuersturm)
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty soon we will have people calling Demolition Hammer wimps and pussies because they had groove in them.
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistrogyre wrote:
Fork Tongue wrote:
Say what you want about Anselmo but his love for real underground metal has always been there and he continues to share underground bands with people. They switched it up through his influence not because of a trend.

Currently listening to Anselmo & The Illegals' Choosing Mental Illness As A Virtue. Utterly American black/death. Vicious, vulgar, more clever that it might sound at first. It's obvious it's Phil's influence which helped Pantera walk away from their cheesy metal influences and play something darker.

For sure. All the other members side/post Pantera projects were a total shit show. Clearly he was the main catalyst.
BREW HAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Unaerth wrote:

Yep... lots of annoyingly over monster drinked up macho trouble makers were drawn to Pantera... made many shy but inwardly very scary and wolf like black metal guys meeker and more awkward in appearance with their inability to be taken seriously as powerful magicians of occult powers.

Why wasn't the black magic making these bruisers back off? It makes no sense. ...I guess in real life physical encounters moves are not based on dice rolls. Laughing ...stupid idiotic masses at these Pantera shows. Yeesh. Get some dice guys!

Speculating which fan base is tougher? Bravo! My dad can kick your dad's butt!
Hanshan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Unaerth wrote:

Very Happy I first read this as a serious post, then saw it was Demoniarch
Vanitas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no group beats Slayer fans in terms of dumbness. War at the Warfield is like Once Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest part two.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Also letís not forget Phil and Seth did VJ covers when anal cunt opened for pantera. Something I think even the most dismissive users of the forum should at least appreciate Laughing

When did this happen actually? I assume around Trendkill but I've just never seen any real documentation of it.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
Ough wrote:
Also letís not forget Phil and Seth did VJ covers when anal cunt opened for pantera. Something I think even the most dismissive users of the forum should at least appreciate Laughing

When did this happen actually? I assume around Trendkill but I've just never seen any real documentation of it.

Seth told that AxCx feat. Anselmo story in Resistance Mag at VxJx interview. Cool

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
HerrTreblinka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Pantera was a fairly heavy band... if you knew Metallica and Slayer, its was impossible not to know Pantera here.(...)
The passion for any music and band had back then was certainly more honest and legitimate than the modern overnight genre experts of today thats for sure... anyways...

Thanks for proving my point that nostalgia/sentimentalism plays a lot in appreciation of some acts.
I never understood how could people who knew of Sodom or Slayer or Iron Maiden could seriously consider that Pantera is somehow on par with those - when taking into account a serious listening experience, it's well beyond my comprehension.

Demoniarch wrote:

Long story short... not sure if it matters if you like a band from some fluffy genre and one from some bleaker darker genre... at least not these days as everything is easily at ones hand via the web... even the individuals who insisted on strict interest rules 25 years ago are no longer that rigid... and have surprisingly diverse tastes they are no longer ashamed to admit liking... and have always liked.

That's hardly relevant, as objectively speaking, most brilliant pieces of art tend to be outbursts, often very random ones which eventually die out, arguably far more in underground music than in other forms, as decline is inherent. The other problem with your argument is that you assume people to be narrow-minded because they don't like a specific band, The issue is with bands which are bad, overrated and the like, regardless of genre.

Demoniarch wrote:

(black) Metal is a place where lots of insecure man-childen reside and its pretty silly. Its ironic that music about misanthropy and isolationist lone wolf ideology is all a front for the lonliest and most insecure males to exist and desperately protect some invisible borders or rules around a genre of music... in some sense to try and belong and be connected to others.

This is true to quite a large extent - but you could use the very same argument against metal or other forms of extreme music: most are man-children who are alienated and we'd all be better off and more mature if we'd listen to Enya instead of angry distorted music. But I already did have a similar argument vis-ŗ-vis Pantera, so I'll just have to quote myself, which is a pompous thing to do, but since the argument seems to have slipped...
Herr Treblinka wrote:
Musically, this appealed the most to the leftover types from contemporary whine rock/alternative/grunge bands who probably got rejected from there since they had bad hygiene

Speaking of maturity by your reasoning: in your 40's and 50's and still listening to metal? How immature! Metal is supposed to be juvenile music for acne-riddled teens.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proving a stereotype over and over by personal behaviour performance and enjoying the music of any said stereotyped genre are two different things I suppose.

I see no point in trying to win any argument here. Like or dislike of Pantera is subjective to ones personal opinion, nothing more and nothing less really. Is Iron Maiden better? Guess it depends on what parameters one wishes to establish the argument around. As far as this thread went, some people liked the band years ago... some still do, others want to quickly somehow point this out to be weak or poser type of behaviour which then leads into that ridiculous immature sterotyped area while others simply remain indifferent and realize all these opinions on music are mostly subjective to a personal opinion and not strict hard concrete rules of any kind able to be proven one way or another... and yet the behaviour persists which then leads one to have to believe its that immaturity again rearing its head, cause why is there such a concern over what is considered cult or not?

...like a wheel on and on it rolls I suppose.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirteen page thread on these retarded hillbillies. For shame NWN.

A band completely propped up by the nostalgia of prepubescent music tastes and those adults that never mentally matured past those days.

Keep the hate train rollin'
Ough

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP VINNIE
southern_death

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Unaerth wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Agreed with demoniarch. It's not all black or white, its not my case but you can like Bathory and Pantera I guess, just knowing that are different musical approachs/styles for different moments...

For example... I highly doubt Memoria Vetusta, Filosofem or Wagner/Chopin music were made by the creators to be listened while driving a car in traffic, in a shitty suburban city routine for example... if you get them that way, cool for you, but not for me still...

I don't consider myself a pantera fan but have 3 or 4 songs of them in my MP3 for the gym
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: