P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 593, 594, 595 ... 711, 712, 713  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hidden38



Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Posts: 754
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloughfegkillers wrote:
Hidden38 wrote:
Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Wow. Amazing documentary where film crew lives with suuuuper trashy family as they do drugs, have babies and bask in regret. Stars Hank the III who is a really nice guy.

I just watched this and it was really great, wow what a family. There are some bad ones here but the Whites certainly take the cake. It was great when they took the baby from one of them after they had it, she cried for maybe 6 hours then went out for a massive night on the town with a few of the other White girls,doing lines in the shitter and getting up and dancing Shocked Laughing


Yesssssss this was so jaw dropping, as a parent I couldnít fathom this. Best part is when they roll through the Taco Bell drive-thru after CPS took the baby. As they pull the car around they see someone they know dining inside, they proceed to yell/explain (from the car) that CPS took the newborn. Perfect scene. Like school on a Sunday, no class Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Webstore down for maintenance, awaiting new arrivals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swearengen



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 908

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:

Watched Memories (1995) last night. Pretty cool collection of three animated science fiction short films with the best being the opener, Magnetic Rose. I loved that everything in the first 10 minutes seems to point to it being an Alien tribute but then it completely subverts your expectations with a much more psychological take on space horror.



I'm kicking myself in the dick for never hearing of this. I will watch this a.s.a.p.


Seek out Redline while you're at it. You won't be disappointed. Insanely well animated.
_________________
Be Elevator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloughfegkillers



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 2265

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden38 wrote:
sloughfegkillers wrote:
Hidden38 wrote:
Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Wow. Amazing documentary where film crew lives with suuuuper trashy family as they do drugs, have babies and bask in regret. Stars Hank the III who is a really nice guy.

I just watched this and it was really great, wow what a family. There are some bad ones here but the Whites certainly take the cake. It was great when they took the baby from one of them after they had it, she cried for maybe 6 hours then went out for a massive night on the town with a few of the other White girls,doing lines in the shitter and getting up and dancing Shocked Laughing


Yesssssss this was so jaw dropping, as a parent I couldnít fathom this. Best part is when they roll through the Taco Bell drive-thru after CPS took the baby. As they pull the car around they see someone they know dining inside, they proceed to yell/explain (from the car) that CPS took the newborn. Perfect scene. Like school on a Sunday, no class Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yep thatís the best scene, I bet the film crew could not believe their luck, canít get much lower than that Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swearengen



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 908

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know 'bout this Here and Now (HBO).
_________________
Be Elevator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Feuersturm



Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 1923
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Return Of The Living Dead III. Silly budget zombie flick. Sets look fake as hell. Real world conditions don't apply. Guard hears a damn pin fall nearby, but not the pin-dropping couple of troublemakers jogging on top of some metal crates. Armed and otherwise physically able people are defenseless against zombies that should be next to sitting ducks. Girl dies a useless and unflattering death, is brought back, seems to get worse, becomes Pinhead for a moment, but snaps right out of death back to her usual self when the story so requires. Also, jumps off a bridge into an inch of water and is washed away by the stream (..), having suffered no significant physical injuries either. Movie can't decide if she's a zombie or T-800. Effects are of the rubbery funny variety, but some are pretty cool in an old fashioned practical way. I wanted to see a trashy zombie film and got exactly that... better than the second part.

Oh, I'll give it 2 spiderbots out of 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DmIOvzA0iY
_________________
ß:-ęl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Missing Link



Joined: 04 Dec 2017
Posts: 1230

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight- A rated R animated film that pits Batman against Jack the Ripper in a Victorian era Gotham city.

Suburbicon- I enjoyed this. I laughed a lot.
_________________
Trade/Sale: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62099

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hidden38



Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Posts: 754
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started Westworld, on episode 3. Very interesting stuff, im really enjoying it.
_________________
Webstore down for maintenance, awaiting new arrivals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hymnsoftheneedlefreak



Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4768

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Watched Return Of The Living Dead III. Silly budget zombie flick. Sets look fake as hell. Real world conditions don't apply. Guard hears a damn pin fall nearby, but not the pin-dropping couple of troublemakers jogging on top of some metal crates. Armed and otherwise physically able people are defenseless against zombies that should be next to sitting ducks. Girl dies a useless and unflattering death, is brought back, seems to get worse, becomes Pinhead for a moment, but snaps right out of death back to her usual self when the story so requires. Also, jumps off a bridge into an inch of water and is washed away by the stream (..), having suffered no significant physical injuries either. Movie can't decide if she's a zombie or T-800. Effects are of the rubbery funny variety, but some are pretty cool in an old fashioned practical way. I wanted to see a trashy zombie film and got exactly that... better than the second part.

Oh, I'll give it 2 spiderbots out of 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DmIOvzA0iY




I pay more attention to how hot Melinda Clarke is.
_________________
Give me the amulet, you bitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GermanicIron



Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 283
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloughfegkillers wrote:
Hidden38 wrote:
sloughfegkillers wrote:
Hidden38 wrote:
Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Wow. Amazing documentary where film crew lives with suuuuper trashy family as they do drugs, have babies and bask in regret. Stars Hank the III who is a really nice guy.

I just watched this and it was really great, wow what a family. There are some bad ones here but the Whites certainly take the cake. It was great when they took the baby from one of them after they had it, she cried for maybe 6 hours then went out for a massive night on the town with a few of the other White girls,doing lines in the shitter and getting up and dancing Shocked Laughing


Yesssssss this was so jaw dropping, as a parent I couldnít fathom this. Best part is when they roll through the Taco Bell drive-thru after CPS took the baby. As they pull the car around they see someone they know dining inside, they proceed to yell/explain (from the car) that CPS took the newborn. Perfect scene. Like school on a Sunday, no class Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yep thatís the best scene, I bet the film crew could not believe their luck, canít get much lower than that Laughing


"I took 'at butcher knife 'n held it up to her neck, an' I said 'You wanna live to see tomorrer you best start fryin' 'em eggs better whatchu been fryin' em, I'm tard of eatin' sloppy, slahmy eggs!'"
_________________
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

https://germaniciron.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11430
Location: This Void

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
That's funny. Last night I watched Blade Runner 2049 finally again as I received the bluray. Easily one of the best films on the recent years. IMO the slow pace is perfect and the contrast works between the more intense scenes.


One has to have the intellectual interest and capacity to be able to discern the 'story' like you obviously have and did.

In most cases and is evident by the manner of which movies tend to usually sacrifice story for loud explosions and mindless action those whom are drawn to that tend to hate or do no understand actual story movies like Blade Runner 2049... the usual complaints are always the same, long, drawn out, boring etc etc

I dunno... 2 cents on the topic and not sure even if your comment was actually directed at my own previous words on the Blade Runner movie.
_________________
Hail Hydra!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mithrandir



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 2241

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conspiracy (2001) - get dem joos! 8/10
Shot Caller - Jon Bernthal is always a good time 7/10
The Dead Zone - oddly doesn't hold up as well as other early Cronenberg films imo 6/10
Black Panther - satisfactory, but def overhyped 7/10
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) - one of the most harrowing movies I've ever seen 10/10
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia - lel/10
Talk Radio (1988) - lesser known underrated Oliver Stone flick 7/10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jewdozer



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to check out The Wild and Wonderful Whites after all the posts here and I was not disappointed. Also I find myself strangely attracted to Sue Bob White...
_________________
fartcough wrote:
EVERY band turns faggy after their first album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dismal



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 1655

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shape of Water- I enjoyed it. Fantastical, very 'magical' and romantic...



SPOILER:

from IMDB review
Quote:
It also so promotes interspecies sex.



HAHAHA!

Saw The Seventh Seal in the cinema. An absolute classic of course. Forgot about the humour in it. JŲns is the man.
_________________
http://portentuk.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11430
Location: This Void

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temple - watched this on Netflix. A recommend by the system for having watched The Ritual, a movie based on three American tourists going to Japan to seek out a temple, which they do and some decent horror ensues.

Worth a watch for sure, I enjoyed it.
_________________
Hail Hydra!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 6896
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally watched two films I've been meaning to see for a while over the weekend:

Blade Runner 2049- very good! Even though I was caught up in it's world the whole time, there were still times I struggled to stay awake even though it was interesting at all times.

Mother!- Fucking YES! what a film. I have yet to be disappointed by anything Aronofsky has done. What a great telling of the Book of Genesis. Curious what he'll do next. I wonder if he'll stick with the Old Testament thing he's done with his most recent two films, or go someplace else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 593, 594, 595 ... 711, 712, 713  Next
Page 594 of 713

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group