P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Watain + Destroyer666 + special guests NA tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julius Salvator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STRANGUL wrote:
Nah, let's keep that rule, or we'll have memes, ebonigs and all that shit soon as well

You said it boyyyyyyyyyyy!
Dail

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Ough wrote:
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
Dalihrob wrote:
https://youtu.be/sSLWQXwyn-k
The new Watain's song sounds pretty good.

This and Nuclear Alchemy, so far, so good.

I haven't listened to them in a long time but this sounds like pretty damn good black metal to me.

Watain stand leagues above the charlatans of today's black metal.

this is true in many ways.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
Certain moderators don't like certain bands so they delete any topics involving those bands.

What?
That rule came to being because there were 5 Watain-threads every week that got derailed into shit-throwing contests between fanboys and "Twatain aren't cool because people actually like them!!!1"-dorks.

Stop spreading stupid rumors.
SilenceEater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apostle of Plague wrote:
SilenceEater wrote:
My least favorite part of their shtick is the whole "NYBM" thing, but that being said, you should definitely check out their merch cuz they had a few items brandishing that logo.

well thinking about it, after my "experience" with NYDM i should probably not bother, lest some poor fool see me with it and try to involve me in some new idiocy, such that might cause me to despise and wish misfortune upon people whom i might otherwise like and admire.

but i always liked Mortician anyway. still do. those two bands touring together might get me to actually check BA out. or at least check out the merch Razz

Mortician was the first Death metal band I got into and to me, the whole NYDM is very much tied to them so seeing it incorporated by a band that didn't really blow me away made it feel more shlocky to me. Although Mortician is pretty much defunct they still have a bad ass merch store!
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Certain moderators don't like certain bands so they delete any topics involving those bands.

What?
That rule came to being because there were 5 Watain-threads every week that got derailed into shit-throwing contests between fanboys and "Twatain aren't cool because people actually like them!!!1"-dorks.

Stop spreading stupid rumors.

No. It usually went that if someone said something even remotely negative about Watain, it started a fight. Usually the fanboys got triggered or then some of the usual trolls like Luigi came and picked a fight which eventually made the topics completely derailed from the original subject and was not even Watain related in the end. So easier to just not allow Watain topics.

Out of the Dungeon website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.wordpress.com/
DUNGEN001: DER STÜRMER - Hail to Finland CD out now!
Omni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not have an argument about previous Watain arguments were like? Laughing
Ozzy75

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love or leave Watain, at least they're real when it comes to being 'occulty', which is more than I can say for a lot of bands out there that just use the imagery(posing much?). The only thing that I find corny about them is the Watain Militia. It just reeks of people finding an identity through a band not unlike Turbojugend.

I think Watain is more guilty of influencing shitty bands than they are of putting out shitty music. Not a fan, but looking forward to seeing at least part of their set after Destroyer levels the place.
Vapula

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with them being more being more 'occulty' than most other bands but the problem is that a lot of people feel they have sold out. It started with sworn to the dark and eventually ended up in the disaster that was the last album.

The first two are the best for me but I also like Sworn and some songs from Lawless but the last album was a joke and not far off Illud Divinum Insanus (More in a what the fuck way rather then musically). Their is just something cheesy about Watain that I can't quite put my finger on but then again you can also say that about a lot of other bands. Didn't they also pay something like €10,000 to support Celtic Frost in 2006 or 2007?

But still if they were playing close to me or at a festival or gig I was attending I would definitely check them out. I have only seen them once during the sworn era and enjoyed it but I am guessing the live shows are a lot different now. Do they still have the stench thing?
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some color Watain represses up at Season of Mist.
Necromancer666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck it, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

If someone likes Watain, that's fine. I have disagreed with people on bands before and still managed to get along with them. I thought Watain were overhyped in '07. I just don't get it honestly. I gave Sworn to the Black a chance around that same time and I fell asleep half way through listening to the album. Coma inducing black metal hahaha. I gave them credit for being allegedly true satanists, but found their music to be mediocre at best and quite boring. There's plenty of folks out there that claim Watain to be the second coming of Bathory or some shit. I don't see how. They're nowhere in the same league as Bathory or the like.

However, I do think people should be allowed to discuss any band they want. Shit, wasn't there a smashing pumpkins thread on here? People can agree to like or dislike a certain band that's being discussed.
Vapula

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromancer666 wrote:

However, I do think people should be allowed to discuss any band they want. Shit, wasn't there a smashing pumpkins thread on here? People can agree to like or dislike a certain band that's being discussed.

I think the reason it can't be discussed here is because most Watain threads in the past just turn into trolling and stupid shit.
Necromancer666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Necromancer666 wrote:

I think the reason it can't be discussed here is because most Watain threads in the past just turn into trolling and stupid shit.

Then there's those people who get their panties in a wad if you don't agree that Watain are totally awesome. Of course, there's trolling too. Leads to a silly internet war and Yosuke just said fuck it no more watain threads. Obviously, a similiar scenario with Ghost.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping we could talk about a great touring lineup. some nice derailing as usual
WhoreChurch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to the new D666 EP "The Call of the Wild" Due out right before the start of this tour. I personally love Wildfire, and hope it's a continuation of that sound.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromancer666 wrote:
There's plenty of folks out there that claim Watain to be the second coming of Bathory or some shit. I don't see how. They're nowhere in the same league as Bathory or the like.

Definitely nowhere near that marker in black metal, but I do believe they hold the originators in the highest regard and give homage in the right places. Casus Luciferi is their peak, after that the style changed and went into a more diverse direction and do believe some of the magic and intensity was sacrificed for a more rounded sound, which in my opinion still does not sound that bad. There are far worse bands out there then Watain.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: