P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I really hate slam death/goregrind/wigger garbage...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dying Fetus and other shitties are more fucking HC than metal shit.Not just with ideology yet also with music.It is influenced more with crust,grind,and other HC shits..that isnt metal stuff and not death metal of course.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
Yeah, I don't know how someone could lump Incantation in with Mortician and Hemdale. Other then Rahmer doing some vocals for Incantation, I don't hear any similarities whatsoever.

You did notice I said early nineties, correct? I'm not talking about the later stuff from these bands. Listen to the Internal Rot demo by Hemdale, Brutally Mutilated or Mortal Massacre by Mortician or the Deliverance... EP by Incantation. If you don't hear similarities in these releases, you should clean out your ears.

I don't get real fucking anal about what sounds like what, either. People get into this shit way too much nowadays. Back when I first started listening to those bands, they were all death metal. There weren't any tags on this shit like slam and wigger and whatever. Heh, I remember when I picked up that Corporate Death compilation Relapse put out back in the nineties. I still consider a lot of the shit on there that people have since grouped into stupid tags as death metal (i.e. Disembowelment, Phobia, Disrupt, Repulsion).
bmdk666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw my two cents in....
-brutal grinding death is fine by me
-Wormed is an amazing band
-Who gives a fuck who listens to the music
-Pretty sure Devourment is the only "slam" band mentioned in this thread so far
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero interest. I went and saw Skinless on tour and it was so fucking bad I went into the front bar and listened to Sabbath on the jukebox. Between some retarded crowd action circle-jerk and getting hassled by retards from the backwoods for being into (and I shit you not) "nazi backpatch thrash" I couldnt see much Death Metal at all as I understand it.

Incantation/Immolation/Morpheous Descends style destroys all gravity blasts and pig squeals in a blast of pencil drawings,white hi-tops and goats.
killusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this style was popularized a bit in the states by long island death metal bands such as suffocation, pyrexia and internal bleeding.. never cared for this kind of death metal. I think the huge hardcore scene in LI had a big influence on the death metal in the 90's. Having said that i remember meeting the guys in pyrexia at a rehearsal studio in the their first album era, and they invited us into check out a song and it was mindblowingly heavy and LOUD. I actually was influecened to get the same guitar head that one of em had [ampeg vh150] which i still use till this day. But pyrexia are... ahh... not so good these days.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was and still is a big trend in nyc and nj total unreadable logos and all mosh parts on songs. and they do what they call a gravity blastbeat.
horrible and not metal at all. grind n general sucks a serious dick.
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Zero interest. I went and saw Skinless on tour and it was so fucking bad I went into the front bar and listened to Sabbath on the jukebox. Between some retarded crowd action circle-jerk and getting hassled by retards from the backwoods for being into (and I shit you not) "nazi backpatch thrash" I couldnt see much Death Metal at all as I understand it.

I couldn't agree more. Stuff like Skinless is uber shit. Like masters_throne says also they dress like fuckin rappers and pretend to be metal. To many of these wimps. They have nothing to do with metal.

I like this topic.
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am into goregrind (early regurgitate, early xysma, last days of humanity, exulceration, et al), early d-beat shit (shitlickers, anti-cimex, disgust, et al), grindcore pioneers and black metal but the "brutal death" shit to me is tired and the good bands are few and far between. Mostly only listen to that stuff now when drinking over at a friends house or something.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I really hate slam death/goregrind/wigger garbage... Reply with quote

Ancient_Tyranny wrote:
masters_throne wrote:

What comes first in my mind are bands like Dying Fetus and such. It also is a trend here in Germany. Hi hate such music and more their fans. They behave like hippies or even more worse like some gangstas. I hate their closes they wear (hip-hop style with metal shirt). I am really disgusted by these.

this is so true Crying or Very sad

Definitely....Yesterday Korn, Today Slipknot and Tomorrow an evil Dying Fetus shirt. Typical idiots who try to be cool and outstanding.
They have no clue what "real" music (Death Metal) is....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: