P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The worst deal/trade/selling you ever made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: The worst deal/trade/selling you ever made. Reply with quote

-For some reason I had the Warloghe debut on both CD and LP format back when it was released: sold both for 15 circa, each.
I don't want it back since I don't like the band a little bit, still...

-Bought the Judas Iscariot "Heaven in Flames" LP when released: sold to a friend many years ago for 40 . Again, couldn't care less of the album, but the price...

-Ved Buens Ende "Written In Waters" 2LP: bought it when released, definitely not for me and sold for the same price to a friend. I don't want it back, but seeing it going for 200 make me want to cry.

-Bathory "Blood On Ice" LP, bought it back in the 90's, sold it for the same price shortly after. I was a 17 yo asshole and didn't like it back then because I was into their early stuff only (shame on me). I want it back badly since then Sad

-Vio-lence "Eternal Nightmare" LP: see Bathory. I don't want it back as much as the Bathory one, but I would't sell it again.

-Katharsis "666" LP: bought it when released for 45000 Lire (23 ) (and it was A LOT back then for a new LP), traded for around 150/200 worth of stuff back in 2006. I like it but an LP repress would be enough. I would not trade it again.

-I traded an original Dawfall "Dominance Of Darkness" CD against a Black Crucifixion "Fallen One Of Flames" 10" in 2004. I like the BC more, but it isn't worth a shit while the Dawnfall CD is an expensive bitch.

-I had the chance to get a Blasfemia MLP many years ago for 15 , "mmmh I'm not sure": bought it 3 years ago for 120

-I had the chance to get a Sadistik Exekution "The Magus" LP many years ago for 25 : "well, I have the CD already": bought it 2 years ago for 100

-I had the chance to get an Asphyx "On The Wings Of Inferno" LP when it was released for cheap, "well, I have the CD already": still need to find a copy for less than 100/130 ...
caligulasremains
banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a copy of Fran Marder first press LP from some german on here for $80 and it was torn up. worth half that at best.
shoulda just been fine with my bootleg copy with the printed inner sleeve...

Acid Orgy wrote:

-I had the chance to get an Asphyx "On The Wings Of Inferno" LP when it was released for cheap, "well, I have the CD already": still need to find a copy for less than 100/130 ...

you and me both and i sold my cd years ago

i never regret giving people good deals and i usually do a lot of research before buying something. but that arckanum album i just jumped on cause i hadnt seen it on sale for years, and then of course about 7 copies in better condition pop up over the next couple months after i bought it.
sacrifist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed up VBE "Written in Waters" 2LP at a local store for $20 because it seemed like too much at the time...almost 20 years later it still bothers me a little.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The worst deal/trade/selling you ever made. Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
-For some reason I had the Warloghe debut on both CD and LP format back when it was released: sold both for 15 circa, each.
I don't want it back since I don't like the band a little bit, still...

-Bought the Judas Iscariot "Heaven in Flames" LP when released: sold to a friend many years ago for 40 . Again, couldn't care less of the album, but the price...

-Ved Buens Ende "Written In Waters" 2LP: bought it when released, definitely not for me and sold for the same price to a friend. I don't want it back, but seeing it going for 200 make me want to cry.

-Bathory "Blood On Ice" LP, bought it back in the 90's, sold it for the same price shortly after. I was a 17 yo asshole and didn't like it back then because I was into their early stuff only (shame on me). I want it back badly since then Sad

-Vio-lence "Eternal Nightmare" LP: see Bathory. I don't want it back as much as the Bathory one, but I would't sell it again.

-Katharsis "666" LP: bought it when released for 45000 Lire (23 ) (and it was A LOT back then for a new LP), traded for around 150/200 worth of stuff back in 2006. I like it but an LP repress would be enough. I would not trade it again.

-I traded an original Dawfall "Dominance Of Darkness" CD against a Black Crucifixion "Fallen One Of Flames" 10" in 2004. I like the BC more, but it isn't worth a shit while the Dawnfall CD is an expensive bitch.

-I had the chance to get a Blasfemia MLP many years ago for 15 , "mmmh I'm not sure": bought it 3 years ago for 120

-I had the chance to get a Sadistik Exekution "The Magus" LP many years ago for 25 : "well, I have the CD already": bought it 2 years ago for 100

Warloghe is absolutely killer. Repress of 'First Possession' Lp should be coming out this year. I was lucky to get the first press cd for cheap myself.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The worst deal/trade/selling you ever made. Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:

Warloghe is absolutely killer.

Tried with it again when the latest 7" was released, and no, I don't get it, sounds like absolutely generic stuff to me. But I have the same problem with most finnish BM (except early classics like Beherit, Impaled Nazarene, Archgoat, Barathrum, etc. of course) so I know it's just me.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no idea the price that Asphx lp was going for. Wow. I still have that. I got rid of heaps of early EAL, NH and Sombre stuff. Only one I sort of regret was the 666 lp, but got it on cd so no problem. Can't remember prices etc but some fucker in Belgium ripped me on my SW 'S&H' lp in a trade I sent it to him in.
Cosmic Devastator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transilvanian Hunger for the first Angel Witch was mine.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic Devastator wrote:

On basis talking original press its gonna be hard to beat this.
Cosmic Devastator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deceiver24 wrote:
Cosmic Devastator wrote:

indeed Embarassed

At that time, TH had just come out, I got it at the local record store, whereas the first Angel Witch seemed difficult to get, at least for me. Figured I just get another TH. I still hope to bump into that past acquaintance and put the stars back into their proper alignment one day

Last edited by Cosmic Devastator on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
frank_zito

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put the first void meditation cult tape on ebay a number of years ago and someone bought it for $92 USD.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic Devastator wrote:
deceiver24 wrote:
Cosmic Devastator wrote:

indeed Embarassed

At that time, TH had just come out, I got it at the local record store, whereas the first Angel Witch seemed difficult to get, at least for me. Figured I just get another TH. I still hope to bump into that past acquaintance and put the stars back into their proper alignment one day

TH original press is the only D album I never even saw at the record store. Was bizarre. UAFM was there then next minute Panzerfaust showed up.
lemegethon
banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dipshit borrowed my Varathron - Walpurgisnacht CD and I never saw him after that. I parted with a copy of Wolf's Lair Abyss MLP for peanuts and among the many CDs I didn't like and thus sold on (I like the first two releases that I mentioned) was a copy of the first Blut Aus Nord (dumb name, btw) album. Many others that are 'highly sought after' these days, but that's the most expensive one I guess.

Apart from that, I didn't buy a copy of Necromantia/Varathron LP when I could for what's now less than 10.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was young and dumb in the early/mid 90's I'd trade in cd's that I hadn't listened to in awhile to buy new stuff. Some I remember are Funebre "Children of the Scorn", Ripping Corpse "Dreaming with the Dead", Disastrous Murmur "Where the Blood Forever Rains", etc. Got probably $4-5 each in credit. Oops.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold/traded countless stuff in the past for peanuts but the most notable I can remember:

I sold a sororicide cd a couple of months it was released for 8.000 italian lire (4) at the flea market to an unknown dude.

a friend of mine sold the merciless debut lp on dsp for 10.000 italian lire to the same unknown dude at the same flea market the week after and I was so dumb to not take it cause "I had the cd"
I remember my friend pushing the dude, cause merciless was totally unknown band in my city, with blabber like "they are like kreator but better!"

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
horrificus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
I sold/traded countless stuff in the past for peanuts but the most notable I can remember:

I sold a sororicide cd a couple of months it was released for 8.000 italian lire (4) at the flea market to an unknown dude.

a friend of mine sold the merciless debut lp on dsp for 10.000 italian lire to the same unknown dude at the same flea market the week after and I was so dumb to not take it cause "I had the cd"
I remember my friend pushing the dude, cause merciless was totally unknown band in my city, with blabber like "they are like kreator but better!"

He's right. Merciless is better than Kreator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: