P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"Growing out of Metal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that by the time I reach old age I will have truly weeded out the great music from the shitpile. That is honestly the only difference that age seems to bring me...more developed skills at finding great metal.

(and great cheese for that matter)
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
I'm 22 as well, started to listen to Metal 7-8 years ago. I enjoyed old Soviet Rock since the age of 4-5, but knew that there's something way heavier that I would probably like even more. Everything became clear when I heard POWERSLAVE and a bit later KILL 'EM ALL. Now I'm into the same great old Heavy, Thrash & Blackened Thrash and 80-'s-early 90's Death Metal. I discover more and more good underground bands almost on daily basis, but never actually get tired of Metal. But that's just me, I usually either really hate something or like it a lot and get obsessed with it. Once someone decides to stop listening to Metal, that's not my problem and it's rather cool if he decides to sell his records for ridiculous prices as well of corpse :wink:And I'm definitely more tired of retarded elitists than of Metal music!

Exactly like me. But I'm still 21 and piss on soviet rock thought.. hahaha

I'm obsessive about what I love too.

The only times I listen to something else then metal is when I learn new scales/techniques on guitar but I see it as a tool to forge better steel!

+ When I get bored to listen only to thrash metal or any genre for a while, I just switch to another. Metal is very diversified so there's no need that I listen to something else.
Morphic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 with leather pants but no balding long hair haha! Been listening to "metal" for a very long time now. Though I have no idea why people take this to be so important. Back then, the radio played anything from carpenters to nazareth and nobody cares. Now it seems that genre is more important than listening to good music. Bands are happy cloning each other and play based on a genre just to get accepted instead of making unique songs of their own and take the risk. Yes, I can listen to Beherit and Gin Blossoms (not Bjork, sorry haha) too but that will not change anything.
Scourge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit about genres, as long as you have the attitude that is all that should matter.
Valan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a school reunion last year and bumped into a lad who was in my year, used to be a big thrash/death head, but a couple of years after he left school he started getting into weird dance shit, sold all his albums! Was forever taking the piss out of me everytime he saw me in town, "you still listening to that shit?"

When he was talking to me at the reunion he was lamenting how he'd sold all his vinyl and was trying to buy certain albums on egay, moaning how they were costing him a fortune! Dick! Smile NEVER flog your all your stuff...even when you think you've 'grown out of it'

As I've got older my tastes have broadened and I'll check out anything! Nothing ever gets me going like the metal albums I love though!
Denial Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you get older, various bands/ genres tend to have less meaning, whilst others tend to have just the opposite effect. I can still listen to my first loves (ac/dc,motörhead,saxon,Sabbath etc),but i'm having a hard time staying interested in the thrash period (1984-1988), lately my adoration for ancient DM has returned like Slaughter,Mutilator,NME, Poison,Master/Deathstrike,Damnation (Can) & always Bulldozer!!
By the way, I'm new here..looking forward to get to know some cool folks here.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a ball listening to The Shadowthrone, after years on the shelf
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denial Fiend wrote:
As you get older, various bands/ genres tend to have less meaning, whilst others tend to have just the opposite effect. I can still listen to my first loves (ac/dc,motörhead,saxon,Sabbath etc),but i'm having a hard time staying interested in the thrash period (1984-1988), lately my adoration for ancient DM has returned like Slaughter,Mutilator,NME, Poison,Master/Deathstrike,Damnation (Can) & always Bulldozer!!
By the way, I'm new here..looking forward to get to know some cool folks here.

I will admit to relatively low interest in thrash right now. Maybe because of the so called revival and all the shitty bands doing bad impersonations of past glories, I don't know. That doesn't mean to say I never listen to it but right now I concentrate my efforts on death and black metal. Looking to get more or the old stuff again soon though. I normally tend to buy it on LP as I often find them at record fairs, old record stores and charity shops.
tomas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how long I'll be listening to metal. Maybe I'll get tired of it in a couple of years. Who care. Some people take metal way to seriously...
Deathrasher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one thing to say about this subject and if you don't know where's that from, I understand if you have some doubts about being metal in the future:

STRIPES ON A TIGER DON'T WASH AWAY!!!!
It's music to my ears
Denial Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathrasher wrote:
I have only one thing to say about this subject and if you don't know where's that from, I understand if you have some doubts about being metal in the future:

STRIPES ON A TIGER DON'T WASH AWAY!!!!

Or as the mighty Cianide from Chicago say "METAL NEVER BENDS"....... Twisted Evil
Scourge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not into metal, you're not my friend ??
Skoll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I'll get out of Metal but I can certainly say I grew out of a lot of the stupid shit associated with it a while back...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: