P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anyone deal with this guy before?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to end up sending him a refund. We discussed it and he agreed to remove the claim if he received the disc. But I don't know...don't have much faith in it all. Truth is, I can't be without PayPal so I have to take another lose.

So I lost an "All the Witches Dance" CD and $40. I'm positive others have lost more.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
In Solitude wrote:
I almost had an experience of this completely homosexual caliber with the guy from Asphyxiate Recordings. DO NOT ever order from them!

Yeah, I did lots of calligraphy work for him and never saw any payment.

Ahhhhhh, interesting...I did a logo for a band that they didn't end up using, but wasn't offered anything for my work by Asphixiate, and I was working for trade, not even money. Sucks for me, but your case sounds worse Annick.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Slovenian guy uses the pseudo ZrecAF on the Metal Archives forum.
Skoll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I'm going to end up sending him a refund. We discussed it and he agreed to remove the claim if he received the disc. But I don't know...don't have much faith in it all. Truth is, I can't be without PayPal so I have to take another lose.

So I lost an "All the Witches Dance" CD and $40. I'm positive others have lost more.

Why not make a new account?
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because paypal are bitches and would "freeze" the money also from that account or delete it immediately - if your name is on the list, there is no chance in opening a new account. I think you need a completely new identity, or at least a new bank-account and credit-card number. Otherwise it is impossible. You have to be nice to them if you want to continue with them...

What would be more interesting to me: what do people with private accounts do if they have reached their money-limit and have to show their "business" papers, but do not have any at all, because they sell only as private persons?

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking with him, I'm pretty sure he's being honest and that he did not receive the CD. I'm pretty sure the disc was lost somehow.

I've refunded his money and just took it as a loss.
snaps666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:

What would be more interesting to me: what do people with private accounts do if they have reached their money-limit and have to show their "business" papers, but do not have any at all, because they sell only as private persons?

Some months ago, I got a mail about this, and I also had to send proof of my name and adress.

I sent a scan of my pasboard and an ID card, and got another mail back, that they still needed proof of my adress and my buisness papers.

I just ignored them... now like 3 months later, I got another email where they thank me for solving this matter and my paypal is back to normal again.

While all this was going on, I could use my paypal as usual, there was just all these reminders about what I needed to do, and also something about I couldn't close my account before these matters vere solved.
zrecaf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the notorious Anžej Frangeš, that "ripped off" the poor Dennis here. Well, let's make things clear! I'd do it sooner, but unfortunatelly I was not a memeber here before (I registred just to asnwer this) so I didn't even know this was going on.

Basically, I have done about 1000 transactions through paypal in last two years and had just two problems. In one case the solution is/was easy because the guy did not save the money on shipping costs and did in fact send the package registred. I have demanded that when I paid through paypal to Dennis as well. Back than he did not complain or refunded the payment immediatelly wanting more money for registred postage (btw, payment was 40$ not 25, 35 or whatever he's saying). Well now, our Dennis here, "forgot" to do just that or even better - he lost the proof of it in the garbage?!?!?

I ended up without the CD, he ended up without money, and we could easily avoid this. Slandering my name is one way to solve it, but I recommend you start working on yourself first. I can just as easily claim our Dennis has never sent that CD in a first place. I dont. The fact is just that I HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT and HE HAS NEVER PROVIDED ME WITH ANY KIND OF PROOF OF SENDING IT! And yes, THAN I wanted my money back.

I am not here to explain the whole story, so I have just pasted the complete dialogue between the two of us on paypal dispute forum. Yes, it ended up by refund, but I didnt even open a claim yet, he decided to do it in a couple of days, for the simple reason. I even believed it ended up with no "hot blood" between us. You can make up your mind about it. Start reading from below.

The Dispute History Log displays all actions related to your claim.
Date Actor Action Details
Feb. 5, 2009 PayPal Case closed
Feb. 5, 2009 PayPal Email sent to seller
Feb. 5, 2009 PayPal Email sent to buyer
Feb. 5, 2009 PayPal Refund issued
Feb. 2, 2009 PayPal Email sent to seller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Messages: 8
Last 5 Show All
From PayPal: PayPal on 2/2/2009 05:42 PST
A Refund was issued.
From Buyer: Anžej Frangeš on 2/1/2009 13:40 PST
I agree. One extra week will not change much. I will wait and not escalate it too a claim yet. I hope everything turns out fine.
From Buyer: Anžej Frangeš on 2/1/2009 13:39 PST
I agree. One extra week will not change much. I will wait and not escalate it too a claim yet. I hope everything turns out fine.
From Seller: Dennis LaCalandra on 2/1/2009 13:30 PST
Nothing in my message indicates I am a rip-off. Do you really think I would be this stupid? To risk losing PayPal for $40? I'm a verified member since 2005. Also as I said, my reputation is perfect. Based on your eBay profile, I'm willing to believe you might be an honest person (see, I do it for you, regardless if you did it for me). However, I am not paying your money back just yet. Give it some more time. If the disc doesn't arrive, then I will refund the cash. If it does, I trust you'll remove this claim.
From Buyer: Anžej Frangeš on 2/1/2009 13:22 PST
as for references, check zrecaf at ebay. 100% with almost 400 points. Hundreds of transactions through paypal and never a problem. Like I said I belive there is a possibility that an item got lost, but after your response I have more and more doubts about that.
From Seller: Dennis LaCalandra on 2/1/2009 13:08 PST
I found out the garbage had already been picked up. So, I have no proof the CD was sent, but I know I sent it. I can't lose $40 + a rare CD, especially after this has happened before. I simply refuse to pay him his money back and will just work with Money Orders from now on. Even if I had tracking, it would be useless to a European unconfirmed address. Recently I opened a claim for an item I didn't receive. The seller, forgot to send it and once I recieved it, I send back the money that was refuned to me. He is what they had to say: "Thank you for paying upon arrival. Most people would have just kept it. I appreciate that greatly. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future." So yes, I am a big bad rip-off artist. I have references on various websites showing I am not a rip-off. This guy? Nothing...totally anonymous. Goodbye PayPal.
From Seller: Dennis LaCalandra on 2/1/2009 12:50 PST
I believe this person did receive the CD and is now trying to get his money back. I am going to search my trash to find the receipt which indicates that the CD was sent. The buyer didn't want to pay the original price I was asking, so I assumed he wouldn't want to pay for any sort of tracking.
From Buyer: Anžej Frangeš on 2/1/2009 11:14 PST
More than a month passed since I have paid for Mortuary Drape - All the witches dance CD, but I have not received it yet. The item should have been sent with a registred mail (see message to the seller when funds have been transfered to the seller). Recently I have contacted seller to ask about the CD. In his first mail the seller responded that he had thrown away the receipts (proof of sending. When I have rised my doubts about that he wrote that he has never sent the item with a service that allows tracking and gave some other troubling statements. I am pasting his whole e-mail in here (I have mails saved on my mail account). Dennis La Calandra to me show details Jan 31 (1 day ago) The item was sent. Do I have proof? No, I don't. You didn't even want to pay the original price I was asking, so I didn't even bother to ask you to pay for any kind of tracking. I sure as hell was going to pay for it, since I let you have a rare CD (that I really didn't even want to part with all that much) for dirt cheap. I'm not losing money and a Mortuary Drape CD. This is the second time a person has tried to get their money back for an item I sent to them. It's not happening again. You are NOT getting shit back from me. You can open up a claim with PayPal, it will only be a waste of your time. I have no money it and I will simply not give the money back. I don't care if I lose my PayPal account anyway, because I don't plan on ever using it again. So go ahead, have fun - D. I am willing to except a fact that things do get lost in the mail, but with receiving the funds seller obliged himself to send the package with registred mail, which would now make things much easier to solve.

To end everything, just a while ago I have send him an email about this post. Below is his answer. Thats all. Btw, whoever wrote shit about me on this forum (besides the person involved) and without even checking my side of it - FUCK OFF!

Anžej Frangeš to Dennis
show details 10:34 pm (30 minutes ago)

One of the guys on metal archives just sent me a link to your post about me on NWN forum. This sucks and its not fair. I have never ripped off anyone and you're still slandering my name in public. Thanks a lot.

Dennis La Calandra to me
show details 11:01 pm (2 minutes ago)

Thank posted was made when this first happened and I HAVE been planning on making a follow-up in your favor, which I will do shortly.......so go and check it later. - D.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the guy on Metal Archives.

In the end I don't care about who's right or who's wrong.

Paypal costs me a lot with charges when receiving payment. There have been lots of problems recently with this payment mean. The sum is high enough to be cautious. My feedback is totally positive. Mr Anžej Frangeš' feedback on the Metal Archives forum is equal to zero.

So stop the drama. Story closed in my case.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the original post and gave my final thoughts on the matter. I ....BEFORE you posted this.

For all I know...maybe you did receive it. But since I trust my gut I know I'm a fairly good judge of character, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the end.

Bottomline is, I can't be blamed for looking into something. The intent of the post wasn't to drag your name through the mud, but to inquire if anybody had a similar experience. Why? Cause the world is crawling with fucking rip-off's. But I don't think you are one of them.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Mr Anžej Frangeš' feedback on the Metal Archives forum is equal to zero.

His eBay feedback profile is 100% on eBay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: