P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Instrument stores in L.A.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Instrument stores in L.A.? Reply with quote

Im going to be in L.A. for a few days and figured while im in the states i wouldnt mind picking up a new electric bass and stocking up on some guitar, bass and double bass strings.

Does anybody know of some decent stores in the L.A. area to check out that have a good range and good prices (especialy some that have double bass gut strings)? If so, can you give me the name of the place and the street address if you know it?

Cheers
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Instrument stores in L.A.? Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
Im going to be in L.A. for a few days and figured while im in the states i wouldnt mind picking up a new electric bass and stocking up on some guitar, bass and double bass strings.

Does anybody know of some decent stores in the L.A. area to check out that have a good range and good prices (especialy some that have double bass gut strings)? If so, can you give me the name of the place and the street address if you know it?

Cheers

I've got a Rickenbacker 4001 for sale. I'm in Melbourne. It's blonde wood and in exceptional order... few bullet grazes on the back, but...

Lemme know if you're interested. It's not the same as buying in LA, but...
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Bjorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Instrument stores in L.A.? Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
I've got a Rickenbacker 4001 for sale. I'm in Melbourne. It's blonde wood and in exceptional order... few bullet grazes on the back, but...

I was actually thinking of getting a 5 string... But what year is your 4001?
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunset Blvd. has a ton of instrument shops, with some really really cool stuff, but unfortunately they're all really expensive. It's still worth going to Guitar Center (7245 West Sunset) and gawking at all the crazy vintage gear. There are several stores within a couple blocks of Guitar Center too.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Instrument stores in L.A.? Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
Blood and Thunder wrote:

I was actually thinking of getting a 5 string... But what year is your 4001?

I was doing some reading today. It's probably actually a 4003. It's a 2001 model... perhaps 2000 but I bought it in March 2002. I also have a 70's rickenbacker which doesn't have the binding, thus my conclusions.... thinking one was a 4003 and the other a 4001. What I discovered today however was they simply stopped making the 4001 in the 80's and that binding or otherwise, it is a 4003.

Anyways, except for some bullet belt grazing on the back, it looks like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130285956358
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Bjorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan_the_snake wrote:
Sunset Blvd. has a ton of instrument shops, with some really really cool stuff, but unfortunately they're all really expensive. It's still worth going to Guitar Center (7245 West Sunset) and gawking at all the crazy vintage gear. There are several stores within a couple blocks of Guitar Center too.

Thanks for the info Ryan! I'll check them out. I've heard of the Guitar Centre being spoke of before in some double bass circles so ill definetly check that area out!

Blood and Thunder wrote:
I was doing some reading today. It's probably actually a 4003. It's a 2001 model... perhaps 2000 but I bought it in March 2002. I also have a 70's rickenbacker which doesn't have the binding, thus my conclusions.... thinking one was a 4003 and the other a 4001. What I discovered today however was they simply stopped making the 4001 in the 80's and that binding or otherwise, it is a 4003.

Anyways, except for some bullet belt grazing on the back, it looks like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130285956358

Yeah your right, they stopped making the 4001 in the 80's.
Is that one yours on ebay? or it is the same make as that? Looks pretty nice. Im stil hoping to get a 5 string or even a 6 when i go thru LA... but if i dont end up with anything i might get back in contact with you and see if you stil have it. I've always liked the rickenbacker style and sound.
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
ryan_the_snake wrote:

Thanks for the info Ryan! I'll check them out. I've heard of the Guitar Centre being spoke of before in some double bass circles so ill definetly check that area out!

Oh dont you worry about Guitar Centre, they are pretty much spread around california so if you think the price on Sunset is expensive, just look for the other branch around LA.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
Oh dont you worry about Guitar Centre, they are pretty much spread around california so if you think the price on Sunset is expensive, just look for the other branch around LA.

Cheers for that info. Is the Sunset Blvd store more expensive because of the area it is in or do they just stock more expensive and rare gear?
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
Chit019 wrote:

Cheers for that info. Is the Sunset Blvd store more expensive because of the area it is in or do they just stock more expensive and rare gear?

lil bit of both, Sunset blvd. is the place where some hollywood celebs hang out and where some high end eating place is at, its not as "high" as beverly hills/rodeo dr. but its up there. While you're there check out Amoeba records too for some record hunting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: